When it comes to choosing an ecommerce platform, Shopify is often the go-to choice for businesses of all sizes. However, as your business grows, you may find that the standard Shopify plan no longer meets all of your needs. That’s where Shopify Plus comes in. In this article, we’ll be comparing Shopify and Shopify Plus to help you determine which option is best for your business.
One of the main differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus is the level of support you receive. While Shopify offers support via phone, email, and live chat, Shopify Plus provides personalized and dedicated support for your store. This includes a dedicated account manager who can help you with everything from setting up your store to handling technical issues.
Shopify Plus: Pros and Cons
When considering Shopify Plus, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons to determine if it’s the right fit for your business. Here are some of the main advantages and disadvantages to keep in mind:
- Scalability: Shopify Plus is designed for high-volume businesses and can handle large amounts of traffic and sales. This makes it a great option for businesses that are growing quickly and need a platform that can keep up with their needs.
- Customization: With Shopify Plus, you have access to more customization options than with the standard Shopify plan. This includes the ability to create custom checkout pages, integrate with third-party tools, and more.
- Dedicated Support: Shopify Plus customers have access to a dedicated support team that can help with any issues or questions that arise. This can be especially helpful for businesses that don’t have a dedicated IT team.
- Discounted Payment Processing Rates: Shopify Plus customers have access to discounted payment processing rates, which can save them money on transaction fees.
- Higher Cost: Shopify Plus is significantly more expensive than the standard Shopify plan, with prices starting at $2,000 per month. This can be a barrier for smaller businesses that are just starting out.
- Complexity: With more customization options and features comes more complexity. Shopify Plus can be more difficult to set up and manage than the standard Shopify plan, which can be a challenge for businesses with limited resources.
Overall, Shopify Plus is a great option for businesses that are growing quickly and need a platform that can keep up with their needs. However, the higher cost and complexity may be a barrier for smaller businesses that are just starting out.
Shopify vs Shopify Plus: Features Comparison
When it comes to choosing between Shopify and Shopify Plus, it’s important to understand the differences in features. Here, we’ll compare some of the key features of both platforms.
Shopify Plus Merchant Success Programme
Shopify Plus includes access to a dedicated Merchant Success Manager, who can provide personalized support and guidance to help you grow your business. This includes access to exclusive resources and insights, as well as priority support.
Shopify Plus Advanced Apps
Shopify Plus offers access to a wider range of advanced apps than the basic Shopify plan. These apps can help you manage your store more efficiently, automate tasks, and improve your customer experience. Some of the advanced apps available on Shopify Plus include:
- Launchpad: Automate flash sales, product launches, and other promotional events.
- Script Editor: Create custom scripts to automate tasks and customize your checkout process.
- Flow: Automate repetitive tasks and workflows to save time.
One of the biggest advantages of Shopify Plus is the ability to fully customize your checkout process. With Shopify Plus, you can:
- Add custom fields to your checkout form.
- Use your own domain for checkout.
- Customize the look and feel of your checkout page.
Shopify Plus allows you to create up to 10 additional stores. This can be useful if you have multiple brands or want to test different markets. Each additional store comes with its own separate dashboard, so you can manage them all from one place.
Unlike the standard Shopify plan, Shopify Plus allows for unlimited staff accounts. This can be useful if you have a large team or need to grant access to multiple users.
Point of Sale (PoS)
Shopify Plus offers advanced PoS capabilities that are not available on the basic Shopify plan. With Shopify Plus, you can:
- Create custom PoS profiles for different staff members.
- Use a mobile PoS system for pop-up shops and events.
- Integrate with third-party PoS systems.
Overall, Shopify Plus offers more advanced features and customization options than the basic Shopify plan. However, it’s important to consider whether these features are necessary for your business and whether the cost of Shopify Plus is worth it for your needs.
When it comes to pricing, Shopify and Shopify Plus have different plans to cater to different business needs. Regular Shopify plans start at $29 per month, while Shopify Plus plans start at $2,000 per month.
Shopify Plus plans are designed for enterprise-level businesses that require advanced features, such as custom checkout, multi-currency support, and priority support. These features are not available on regular Shopify plans.
Regular Shopify plans offer competitive pricing processing fees, with rates starting at 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction. Shopify Plus plans offer negotiable processing fees based on the merchant’s monthly revenue.
Regular Shopify plans have a limit on the number of staff accounts, while Shopify Plus plans offer unlimited staff accounts.
In terms of transaction fees, regular Shopify plans charge additional fees for using external payment gateways, while Shopify Plus plans offer lower transaction fees for using external payment gateways.
Overall, regular Shopify plans are best for small to medium-sized businesses with basic e-commerce needs, while Shopify Plus plans are suitable for enterprise-level businesses with complex e-commerce needs.
After comparing Shopify and Shopify Plus, we can conclude that both platforms offer a wide range of features catering to varying scales of business needs.
Shopify is a great option for small to medium-sized businesses with a lower budget. It offers a powerful set of tools, and its pricing ranges from $5 to $299 per month.
On the other hand, Shopify Plus is designed for larger businesses with more complex needs. It offers advanced features such as script editor, checkout customization, and access to APIs. However, Shopify Plus comes at a higher cost, starting at $2,000 per month with a variable fee depending on business needs.
If your business is just starting out, Shopify is a great option to begin with. As your business grows and requires more advanced features, you can upgrade to Shopify Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of upgrading to Shopify Plus?
Upgrading to Shopify Plus provides merchants with access to advanced features such as customizable checkout pages, wholesale pricing, and dedicated support. Shopify Plus also offers increased scalability, allowing businesses to handle high traffic and sales volume.
What is the difference in pricing between Shopify and Shopify Plus?
Shopify pricing ranges from $5 to $299 per month, while Shopify Plus starts at $2,000 per month with a variable fee depending on business needs. Shopify Plus also offers custom pricing for enterprise-level businesses.
How does Shopify Plus handle variable fees?
Shopify Plus charges a variable fee based on the merchant’s monthly gross merchandise volume (GMV). The fee decreases as the GMV increases, providing merchants with a cost-effective solution for scaling their business.