When it comes to email marketing, two of the most popular platforms are Omnisend and Mailchimp. Both offer a range of features and tools to help businesses of all sizes create and send effective email campaigns. But which one is better?
While Mailchimp is a more general email marketing platform, Omnisend is specifically designed for ecommerce businesses. This means that Omnisend offers a range of features that are tailored to the needs of ecommerce businesses, such as automation workflows for abandoned cart reminders and product recommendations.
Omnisend: Pros and Cons
When it comes to email marketing, Omnisend is a popular alternative to Mailchimp. Here are some of the pros and cons of using Omnisend:
- Easy to use: Omnisend has a clean and intuitive interface, making it easy for users to navigate and create campaigns.
- Automated workflows: Omnisend offers a wide range of automation options, including abandoned cart emails, welcome series, and order follow-ups.
- Multi-channel marketing: In addition to email, Omnisend also offers SMS, push notifications, and Facebook Messenger marketing.
- Advanced segmentation: Omnisend’s segmentation options are more advanced than Mailchimp’s, allowing for more targeted campaigns.
- Free plan: Omnisend offers a free plan that includes access to all features, up to 500 emails and push notifications, and 60 SMS messages per month.
- Limited integrations: Omnisend has fewer integrations than Mailchimp, which may be a drawback for some users.
- Higher pricing: Omnisend’s paid plans start at $16 per month, which is higher than Mailchimp’s starting price of $9.99 per month.
- Limited email templates: While Omnisend’s email editor is easy to use, the platform has fewer pre-designed templates than Mailchimp.
Overall, Omnisend is a strong contender for those looking for a multi-channel marketing platform with advanced segmentation options. However, users should be aware of the platform’s limited integrations and higher pricing compared to Mailchimp.
Mailchimp: Pros and Cons
When it comes to Mailchimp, there are several pros and cons to consider. Here’s what we found:
- Ease of use: Mailchimp’s interface is clean and intuitive, making it easy for users to navigate and create campaigns.
- Mobile app: Mailchimp’s mobile app allows users to manage campaigns on the go, making it a convenient option for busy marketers.
- Website builder: Mailchimp offers a free website builder, which can be a great option for small businesses just starting out.
- Social media and Google ads: Mailchimp offers social media and Google ads, which can help users reach a wider audience.
- Limited email templates: Mailchimp’s pre-built templates are basic visually, and the limited options can cause frustration if you want to create something more advanced.
- Pricing: Mailchimp’s pricing model is based on the number of subscribers, which can be costly for businesses with larger email lists.
- Customer support: Some users have reported issues with Mailchimp’s customer support, citing slow response times and unhelpful answers.
Overall, Mailchimp is a solid option for businesses looking for an easy-to-use email marketing platform with some additional features like social media and Google ads. However, the limited email templates and pricing model may be a drawback for some users.
Omnisend vs Mailchimp: Features Comparison
When it comes to email marketing, Omnisend and Mailchimp are two of the most popular tools available. Both platforms offer a range of features designed to help businesses create effective email campaigns, but there are some key differences between the two. In this section, we’ll take a closer look at the features offered by each platform and compare them side-by-side.
Omnisend offers a drag-and-drop email builder that makes it easy to create professional-looking emails without any coding knowledge. The platform also offers a range of email templates that can be customized to suit your brand.
Mailchimp also offers a drag-and-drop email builder and a range of email templates. However, Mailchimp’s email builder can be a bit more difficult to use compared to Omnisend’s.
In terms of email volume, Omnisend has a clear advantage over Mailchimp. Omnisend allows users to send out more emails per month compared to Mailchimp at every tier.
Omnisend’s automation builder integrates all areas of the platform, making it easy to create complex automation workflows. The platform also offers SMS campaigns, which can be a great way to reach customers who prefer to receive messages via text.
Mailchimp’s automation builder is also powerful, but it doesn’t integrate with all areas of the platform. Mailchimp offers social media ads or postcard ads, which can be a useful addition to your marketing strategy.
Omnisend offers a range of design tools, including a drag-and-drop email builder, email templates, and a range of customization options. The platform also offers a range of design elements, such as product recommendations and discount codes, that can be added to emails to increase engagement.
Mailchimp also offers a range of design tools, including a drag-and-drop email builder and email templates. However, Mailchimp’s design capabilities are a bit more limited compared to Omnisend’s.
Omnisend offers detailed analytics that allow businesses to track opens, clicks, and conversions. The platform also offers a range of reports that can be used to gain insights into customer behavior.
Mailchimp also offers detailed analytics, but the platform’s reporting capabilities are a bit more limited compared to Omnisend’s.
Ease of Use
When it comes to ease of use, both Omnisend and Mailchimp offer user-friendly platforms that are easy to navigate. However, there are some differences between the two.
Omnisend’s editor is faster and has an undo button, which can be handy when making mistakes. It also has a “Quick add” section that allows you to easily add products and discount codes to your emails. On the other hand, Mailchimp’s editor has more customization options and is better suited for creating more complex email campaigns.
In terms of overall user experience, Omnisend’s interface is more streamlined and intuitive, making it easier to find what you need quickly. Mailchimp’s interface can be overwhelming for beginners, but once you get the hang of it, it offers more advanced features and customization options.
Both platforms offer drag-and-drop editors, making it easy to create visually appealing emails without any coding knowledge. Omnisend also offers pre-built templates that are optimized for ecommerce businesses, while Mailchimp has a wider variety of templates for different industries.
When it comes to pricing, both Omnisend and Mailchimp offer a variety of plans to fit different business needs and budgets. Let’s take a closer look at their pricing structures and features.
Omnisend offers four pricing plans: Free, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. The Free plan includes basic email marketing features, but limits you to 15,000 emails per month and only one email campaign per day. The Standard plan starts at $16 per month and allows you to send unlimited emails, automate your campaigns, and access advanced reporting and analytics. The Pro plan starts at $99 per month and adds features such as SMS marketing, cart recovery, and custom domains. The Enterprise plan is custom-priced and includes advanced features such as dedicated account management and custom integrations.
Mailchimp offers four pricing plans: Free, Essentials, Standard, and Premium. The Free plan includes basic email marketing features, but limits you to 10,000 emails per month and only one audience. The Essentials plan starts at $9.99 per month and allows you to send unlimited emails, access automation workflows, and use A/B testing. The Standard plan starts at $14.99 per month and adds features such as retargeting ads and custom branding. The Premium plan starts at $299 per month and includes advanced features such as multivariate testing and phone support.
When it comes to customer support, both Omnisend and Mailchimp offer a range of options to help users get the assistance they need. Here’s a breakdown of what each platform has to offer:
Omnisend offers a variety of support options to its users, including:
- Live chat support: Users can chat with a support representative in real-time to get answers to their questions.
- Email support: Users can submit a support ticket via email and expect a response within 24 hours.
- Knowledge base: Omnisend has an extensive knowledge base with articles and tutorials to help users learn how to use the platform.
- Video tutorials: Omnisend also has a library of video tutorials to help users learn how to use the platform.
Mailchimp also offers a range of support options to its users, including:
- Email support: Users can submit a support ticket via email and expect a response within 24 hours.
- Knowledge base: Mailchimp has a comprehensive knowledge base with articles and tutorials to help users learn how to use the platform.
- Community forum: Mailchimp has an active community forum where users can ask questions and get answers from other users.
- Phone support: Mailchimp offers phone support to paid users during business hours.
Overall, both Omnisend and Mailchimp offer strong customer support options to their users. However, Omnisend’s live chat support and video tutorials may give it a slight edge over Mailchimp in terms of accessibility and ease of use.
When it comes to integration capabilities, both Omnisend and Mailchimp offer a wide range of options. However, there are some differences worth noting.
Omnisend offers native integrations with a number of popular ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. This means that you can easily connect your online store to Omnisend and start sending targeted, personalized emails to your customers right away.
In addition to these native integrations, Omnisend also offers a number of integrations with other popular apps and tools. For example, you can connect Omnisend to your Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well as to your Google Analytics account, to track the success of your campaigns.
Like Omnisend, Mailchimp offers a number of native integrations with popular ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce. However, Mailchimp also offers integrations with a wide range of other apps and tools, including social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, as well as with tools like Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Zapier.
One area where Mailchimp stands out is in its integration with Facebook Ads. With this integration, you can create targeted Facebook and Instagram ads based on your Mailchimp email lists, making it easy to reach your customers across multiple channels.
When it comes to choosing between Omnisend and Mailchimp, user reviews can be a valuable resource to consider. Here are a few key takeaways from user reviews of both platforms:
- Many users appreciate the ease of use of Omnisend, particularly for creating email automations and workflows.
- Some users have noted that the platform can be slow to load at times, which can be frustrating.
- Overall, users seem to be satisfied with the level of customer support provided by Omnisend, with many noting that they have received prompt and helpful responses to their inquiries.
- Mailchimp has a large user base and is widely regarded as a reliable and effective email marketing platform.
- Some users have noted that the platform can be somewhat complex to navigate, particularly for those who are new to email marketing.
- While some users have had issues with customer support, many others have praised the platform’s support team for their responsiveness and helpfulness.
Ultimately, the choice between Omnisend and Mailchimp will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It may be helpful to read more user reviews and compare the features and pricing of each platform before making a decision.
After comparing Omnisend and Mailchimp in terms of features, pricing, ease of use, and more, we have come to some conclusions.
Both Omnisend and Mailchimp are great email marketing tools that offer a lot of value to businesses of all sizes. Omnisend may be a better choice if you are looking for a tool that offers SMS messaging, while Mailchimp may be better if you need more features in general, including a mobile app and a free website builder.
Overall, both Omnisend and Mailchimp are great email marketing tools that offer a lot of value to businesses of all sizes. The choice between the two will ultimately depend on your specific needs and preferences. We recommend trying out both tools to see which one works best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Omnisend a good option for email marketing?
Omnisend is a great option for businesses that want to take their email marketing to the next level. It offers advanced automation workflows, segmentation, and personalization features that can help increase engagement and conversions. Additionally, Omnisend has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and send emails.